What if I tell you that you don’t need to go to the gym to get fit, you don’t need to work out for hours, or even more, you don’t need to feel like you are doing things as an obligation or something imposed. In today’s discussion, we are going to disclose some concepts of being happy by doing things well.
On the other hand, you do need some kind of guidance or coaching at a point while trying to follow up a sports routine, a diet, or something else you feel you need to start to work on. Let’s get it on.
- Do Some Work Out: This is the primary activity you need to perform in order to get fit, to stay healthy and nevertheless, to be a bit happier every day. It also improves cardiac and pulmonary capacity. It helps you to prevent and even treat chronic diseases such as depression, cancer, and hypertension and lower cholesterol levels. It will also improve your sleeping lapses, regulating stress by reducing anxiety and getting you in a good mood!
With regular training plan, you will feel you can run like a racing horse later on. It’s all about training. Adopting a habit is one of the most difficult things that may cross through our minds. It involves some effort, time, and energy. But if we do not make things happen, no one else will do it for us. Just make a little effort and mainly, do it for you. You can work out in the comfort of your home, maybe at a park or somewhere else outdoors.
Here are some basic fitness disciplines you can practice for at least half an hour a day with spending no pennies:
- Jumping the rope
- Healthy Diet: This is a very polemic topic. Of course, you need some kind of balance in your day-to-day life and eating well is so important as working out or doing something else for your own good. Everybody says “eat this, stop eating that”, “it depends on your metabolism”, etc. This last might be a little bit true, but we cannot rely on this forever. As we grow up and get old, our bodies change so much that we don’t always realize about it.
Some “diet plans” are just that, “diet plans”. They do not work or have the same results on each person since our organisms are all different. But let me tell you this; if you like to eat, eat. But, you need to level it with some workout for burning that calorie intake. You better eat a little bit more than eating far less than regular. This can put you in vulnerable health situations.
Hydration is the kind of the same. It is said that you need to drink at least 2 liters or 8 glasses of water a day. This might be a good habit to have, but this is not always like that. The thing is that you need to drink the amount of liquid your body asks at some point. Obviously, it will depend on the things you do or where you live. In hot, warm and dry environments you need to drink more. So, eat better, drink water and do some physical activity as well.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcoholism: For sure these “drugs” are present in our everyday life at any time. You can always have a drink; alcohol sometimes in moderate doses makes good to our organisms and I said: “in moderate doses”. Overpassing a healthy amount can lead us to unwanted behaviors, states of mood or diseases damaging our bodies.
Smoking may be the worst thing ever. There is not “I will quit smoking little by little”. Stop doing it now and make yourself and others a favor. There is a health and scientific study on “electronic cigarettes” usage (commonly called “vaps”) conducted by the FDA showing more cases of seizures, especially in teenagers. Just think about it before using one.
- Sleep Well: This is also one of the most important things we need to have in mind. If you spend your day studying, working or doing anything that takes some energy from you, you need to recover it later on. This is essential for our brains and organisms respond as expected. We need to rest well, but not necessarily 8 or more hours a day. We also need to balance our sleeping time for recovering well. Our bodies always thank us for treating it with precaution.
If you work out and want to get some results, you need to let your body process and renew itself from natural or imposed organism wear. Love yourself a bit more every day.
- Meditate: Meditation has a lot of benefits we can take advantage of. But we are going to say that doing this is not for everyone either. Once and again, you need some will to make things happen. It is to go through the path of wisdom; you don’t need to reach the “nirvana” that quick if you get at that point somehow. This is a long ways process and needs to be mastered with the time by the practitioner.
Not everybody can stop thinking, of course, but, according to a new study conducted by Harvard Medical School (HMS), we are now closer to reach mindfulness as we get to know more about how our brain works.
In conclusion, if you want to stay fit, healthy and be a bit happier every day, follow these steps. Never stop trying if you don’t get the results we were looking for. Someone said, “Love is only when shared”. So spend more time with your family and friends and stop worrying about things that you have no control over.
Get your things done and start enjoying life as we supposed to be doing it. Live!