Phuket is situated towards the south of Thailand and boasts of endless options for entertainment and shopping. What makes a Phuket vacation really memorable are its great viewpoints, nearby islands, and cultural attractions. It is no wonder to see a steady rise in the number of tourists who book Jetstar airline online or make use of Cathay Pacific flights to arrive at one of the leading tourist destinations in the world. What makes the island popular is that it also serves as a good base for exploring the nearby islands and attractions.
When you arrive in Phuket, you are sure to get overwhelmed by the number of options available. After all, it is a place of great variety, and there are endless spots that would spark your interest. However, there are some sites and spots that should not be missed at all.
- Phi Phi Island – A trip to the superstar island of Thailand is a must! It carries an enigma for travelers all over Thailand, and the island can be approached by boat. It is indeed going to be love at first sight as there is something about the attitude and allure of the place that captivates you forever.
- Chalong Bay Rum Distillery – A visit to Chalong Bay Rum Distillery is a great way to learn all about how rum is produced. This is your chance to know what goes on behind the scenes and you can take a tour of the distillery, that ends with the workshop and bar. Relax with the cocktail you just made and learn how to make various cocktails.
- Phuket’s Big Buddha – It would be a mistake to not to go and see the 45-meter-tall white marble statue of Buddha. The Big Buddha is indeed one of the most famous landmarks that are highly visible as it sits at the top of the Nakkerd Hills. The climb up is indeed worth it as you get to see the huge statue from up close as well as some panoramic views of Phuket. Spend some quiet time here as you listen to the sounds of dharma music and bells.
- Bangla Road- Another point of interest is Patong’s Bangla Road that boasts of nightclubs and bars, shows. For those looking for some nocturnal fun, this is the place to be at. Bangla Road becomes alive once the sun goes down and watch out for those street entertainers out for your money and tips. There is a feeling of great fun and frolic as you walk down the street.
- Nai Harn Beach – The Nai Harn Beach is a top-rated beach with locals as well as tourists. Despite being thronged by thousands of visitors, it is still relatively untouched and carries its originality. Relax on those soft white sands and swim in those crystal-clear waters or simply spend some leisurely time under the shade of the large trees. Enjoy Thai cuisine from various restaurants.
- FantaSea’s extravaganza – It is must to experience the FantaSea’s extravaganza, which is done very professionally and can be loads of fun. The riveting show only gets more and more amusing and is highly entertaining. It is full of acrobatics, aerial performances, illusions, pyrotechnics, stunts, and more. Just watch those artists, pyrotechnics, and elephants on stage put on a Las Vegas-style show.
Weekend Night Market – Do not miss out on the weekend night market where you can enjoy some authentic Thai food as well as shop for local handicrafts and souvenirs. The prices are low, and the variety of goods sold is immense. You can hone your negotiation skills and shop to your heart’s content. There is no other market like the night markets of Phuket!