Everyone who is looking forward to building a website wants to make their website look good with essential functions and features. However, until recently, it was not an easy job to build a fully functional website without pumping a lot of expert effort and money into it. However, now, things have changed largely. It is possible now for even the most inexperienced website builders can access the website HTML templates to create highly functional and aesthetically pleasing websites.
Website HTML templates will help you build and customize websites using a standard template developed by professional designers, which can be availed for free or at a minimal cost. You can put in a bit of extra effort or ask for some expert help to customize the template to create a unique website for your business or consulting. The major thing to note is that you don’t even have to write a single line of code, and no extra tool is required for the entire web design and development endeavor.
So, let’s next dive into how it’s made it possible to build websites without coding.
The use of website HTML templates
Website templates are now largely used by all types of website builders ranging from novice to expert. There are many coming packed with the CMS (content management system) platforms too. These readymade sites could be used as such or through customization. Many of these templates are custom designed for the use of various purpose-built websites like business sites, e-com carts, magazines, brochures, and so on. There are many other templates with special emphasis on certain design specifications.
The website templates will help you to set up a website with no coding. The major advantage of a pre-built website is that these will help you to set up a website with no coding. These website templates are usually developed in line with the latest design trends, and also let you give a modernized look to your site.
What is needed to use a website template?
With a large number of templates available out there, you may be wondering how difficult it may create a custom template and whether you try it or develop a website on your own. In fact, the effort and money others spend on creative each of these templates made available to the public may amaze you. Let’s explore the way how this pre-built Designmodo website HTML templates are made and what kind of effort and cost goes into making each.
- Research – The major part of any developer or designer spending time to create an HTML template is the conduction of in-depth research into understanding the latest website trends and the UI patterns. In a standard custom-built website through coding, the average cost may go up to $400 for the research part.
- Prototyping – The framework of a website is decided at the first phase itself when a website is built. Once the research part is done, designers may next create a standard prototype of the site they are planning to make in order to assess how the final layout would be. In conventional web design and development, you may estimate a cost of about $600 going into finishing this phase.
- Design – Before writing the very first code to add functionality to a website, template design is chosen. This also requires in-depth knowledge of the latest design trends and methods followed. This is a crucial decisive factor that will decide the stability of a website to stand up the test of the time. Designing a standard feature website used to cost around $1,000.
- Front-end development – Once the design part is over, the coding starts with a focus on the frontend part of the website. For this, the developers create the templates following the process of research, prototyping, and design. This part in conventional website building may cost another $1,000 or above.
- Back-end development – Once the frontend part is over, then the developers next get into the back-end development process, which is primarily transforming the static HTML code into a functional website. This is the phase where the initial prototype is referred to as a schematic indicator of how the site should function. Back-end development will cost around $600.
- Testing – The final phase of developing a custom-built website is quality assurance. Once the preparation of the website template is over, it should be tested by expert QA’s in order to make sure that the functions and features of the website are exactly as desired. This step may cost about $400, but doing it is essential in order to ensure that the final website you have in hand is fully worth the huge investment made on it.
So, altogether, the preparation of a website template may cost about $4,000 or more to complete. This is the reason why premium website templates charge a fee from the uses, whereas there are many free website templates also available out there with minimal functionality. As a user, you have both options to go for a premium website, that could be ready out-of-the-box to meet your functionality, and it is also possible for you to choose the primary website templates and then spend additional time and money on it to customize for your purpose.
Choosing a website HTML template
Once if you decide to choose any template to make your website, next, you may be facing the question as to how to choose an appropriate template to work the best. For this, first, you have to define the purpose of your website. Consider whether you are a business or a freelance consultant or whatever. Also, define what your website wants to do as selling products, sharing information about your products, posting your blogs, or offering online consultation to your clients, etc. Knowing exactly what you want will help you to decide what type of template is appropriate for your purpose.
If you are a business, you may also take a look at the competitor’s websites too to understand how they built their websites. By exploring many other websites in your niche, you will be able to understand what you exactly need or what you have to do to exceed others. Even when you are trying to use free website templates, take your time in order to baseline research on the above factors to ensure that you get a sustainable and performing website in hand at the end of the day.