Table of Contents
Cannabis legalization has been on the rise for the past few years, hence promoting a lot of research on its benefits. Many people have embraced the use of these products. The cannabis plant has a lot of compounds, and terpenes happen to be one of them.
Terpenes have shown a lot of benefits and can be used in different forms. Most people combine CBD with terpenes, and the results have been surprising. They improve the benefits of CBD and show promising results to consumers. Below are what users should know about CBD terpenes including their benefits.
Meaning of CBD Terpenes
They are volatile sweet-smelling compounds found in plants and flower buds of plants such as cannabis and many others. Its function is to discourage predators or lure pollination. When it comes to human benefits, terpenes are useful for luring the pleasant aroma of buds.
Different Types of CBD Terpenes
CBD terpenes are found in many plants, including hemp, and they all have different benefits. Thanks to research, we can know the types and how they can benefit us. The types include the following.
- Pinene – If you like walking in the woods, you might recognize this one. Like the name suggests, it can be found in pine needles, orange peels, and rosemary. When you smoke or vaporize a strain that is rich in pinene, it can help you feel alert and make you retain memory.
- Linalool – This type of terpene is most commonly found in CBD with lavender. One of its most exciting benefits is it can respond to stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Limonene – This is also found in juniper, peppermint, and citrus fruits and can easily increase the potency of CBD oil. Limonene is known for giving its users an energized mood and can also be used to respond to anxiety and depression.
- Caryophyllene – This CBD terpene is found in hops and basil and gives black pepper its distinctive smell. It is a popular choice for cannabis topicals due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Myrcene – You will find this terpene in cloves as well as citrus, lemongrass, and especially mango. Myrcene is known to act against pain, inflammation, and also acts as a sedative, which makes it perfect when used together with CBD.
When it comes to buying CBD terpenes, it is good if you do your research to get the best products. If interested in buying, you can visit Berkshirecbd online for the best products.
Benefits of CBD Terpenes
As of now, it is evident that terpenes are found in different types of plants, and cannabis happens to be one of them. it has a lot of benefits, and when added to CBD, it enhances its benefits. Below are some of the benefits of CBD terpenes.
- Relief from anxiety and depression – CBD terpenes can bind to our brain via receptors, hence promoting relaxation, which later helps control anxiety and depression.
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation – Myrcene is the most common terpene found in cannabis, and when it is mixed with caryophyllene, it helps reduce pain and inflammation.
- Helps treat epilepsy – Patients who have been using linalool have reported promising results of how it has helped them due to its seizure stopping capabilities.
There are a lot of plants out there that have a lot of benefits for our body. Thanks to research, we now know of CBD strains and the benefits it has to offer.