Salesforce is one of the most powerful AI-assisted platforms for commerce. Salesforce data is abilities for marketing, planning, boosting both internal and external interactions for our business are hard to overrate. With Einstein Analytics, it even provides insights into the future. And you don’t need extra software: Salesforce can work within your Gmail and Outlook.
What Can Be Done With Salesforce Within an Email Client?
While Salesforce provides a dashboard with many possibilities to its clients, it can take some time to learn its powers. On the other hand, most sales reps and managers are well familiar with mail and calendar applications and interfaces, such as Outlook or Gmail Web. Integrating Salesforce will enable them to do more within their familiar environments.
This integration brings in some features by Salesforce, including:
- The best visualization. The Outlook add-on enables you to see all the related contacts, leads, opportunities, and cases right in the application.
- Access to Salesforce records directly from Outlook.
- Salesforce Templates for messages. With these, you can save much time by simply automating message creation. If necessary, a human employee can edit them, but still, it saves more time and effort and thus boosts the performance.
- Connection to Global actions by Salesforce. For example, it enables you to log a call.
- Notifications when the recipient opens the email. It can only be tracked by Salesforce components, and integration with your email client enables you to log these actions and track the client’s behavior.
- Scheduling emails to send later.
- Check the links your customer visits from your emails.
Some of these features also require the Inbox integration. It’s the next level tool that comes as a standalone service or a part of Sales Cloud Einstein or High Velocity Sales. With Inbox, you also integrate the calendar, emails and link tracking, text shortcuts, and more. Tracking this data is also more convenient from your Outlook or Gmail. These tools are powerful but knowing how to use them is even more important.
The Benefits of Salesforce Data Integration
When you install the necessary modules and authorize under your Salesforce credentials, you can boost your sales with its force. This integration may have the following results for your business:
- Log emails and events to Salesforce records. This is helpful not only for keeping the record. A system like Einstein Analytics can analyze the massive of these events and the content of emails and use them for generating predictions and recommendations.
- Analyze them with the power of Einstein. It enables you to schedule your emails and build them in the most efficient way. Knowing what link the customer clicks, when they read the email, how differently they react to different email and different marketing methods, you can make your campaign more efficient.
- Save time by using lightning-fast methods like templates or creating appointments right in Outlook.
One of the best things about Outlook integration is that it can be done automatically for regular users. The administrator can simply push the update to employees using the Exchange Admin Center. So, regular sales reps won’t have to bother with the integration at all. They will still need some instructions on using the new features, but this will be much easier.
It works differently with Gmail. The principal difference is that with Gmail, you integrate Gmail features into Salesforce, not vice versa. It is explained by the fact that, unlike Outlook, that is used with a local application, Gmail does not have its native application and works through either web interfaces or third-party software. So it’s logical to add Gmail buttons and actions to Salesforce.
Set Up the Integration
For Outlook, there is a special add-on on the Office Store. With Gmail, you can do it from within Lightning Experience or Salesforce Classic. Though this looks different, the features this integration provides are equally beneficial. You don’t have to set it up manually for all the users: it can be pushed by the admin to all the employees who don’t need to waste their time.
Make Up Your Mind
If you still hesitate about connecting your email clients to Salesforce, think again of the benefits it brings and of numbers it can add to your revenue. Don’t trust blindly; calculate. If you decide to join in, this decision will pay.