Substance abuse is a growing serious concern. Once an addict for most people, it is an addict forever. Many professionals have come up with treatments aimed at helping drug addicts come out of their addiction and leave a fuller life. Most of the rehabilitation programs aim to identify the reasons for addiction and then devise plans to fight it. There are several types of rehabilitation programs in the long term and some short term. Certain treatments might involve inpatient stay while certain others require only outpatient consultation. JC’s Recovery Center is a Christian-based recovery center in Hollywood helping many lead a fuller life of freedom and joy.
Types of rehabilitation programs
The type of rehabilitation program a person should attend depends on the degree of treatment required, the comfort level of the person, and the affordability. Some of the effective rehabilitation programs are outlined here.
- Residential program – The patient is required to stay for a while in the treatment center. The stay usually extends to 90 days or even longer. Shorter programs are also available for 28 or 30 days. During the treatment, the patient is provided with both group or individual counseling to bring about a change of mindset and to prepare for the withdrawal.
- Outpatient program – These programs do not require the patient to be admitted. They can stay at home and come to the center to receive treatment which can be for several hours in a day and can extend to many weeks.
- Group therapy – This program is provided both as outpatient and inpatient. The idea behind group therapy is to provide support and promote an encouraging environment where the addicts can share their recovery experiences. The meetings can be daily, weekly or at optimal intervals. These programs are mostly offered in institutions, volunteer organizations, community centers, and churches.
- Individual therapy –This is usually provided to an individual on a one-on-one basis. A session can be scheduled with a certified counselor who can help the person understand and change the behavior patterns and negative thoughts. The counselor can also help you to develop skills to cope with stressful situations during your journey towards deaddiction.
- Medical assistance – Certain substance abuse can lead to withdrawal symptoms that are life-threatening. Examples include sedatives and alcohol. Such situations require medical assistance. Inpatient centers help in this regard by offering medically assisted detoxification. During the process, the vital signs of the patient are monitored and the symptoms are managed safely, allowing the body to clear itself of the toxic substance.
When should you consider a rehabilitation
Do not wait to hit rock-bottom. It is always better to seek help at the early stage as it can save you from going through a number of painful withdrawal symptoms. Even mild addicts can derive benefits from a rehabilitation program. Remember that the longer you remain an addict the tougher it is to come out of it.
Organizations like JC’s Recovery Center can provide you a comprehensive drug rehabilitation that is certified and provides lasting results with a focus on healing through faith.