Before the winter sets in you should already be looking at ways to save energy, and actually get into the habit of living like this. It’s the responsible thing to do, but it can also save you some pennies too, and in this day and age, we all need to find ways to make our money go further.
Choose Affordable, High-Efficiency HVAC Systems
Certainly, if you want to install an air conditioner system, then it’s of critical importance to choose people who are able to provide high efficiency, affordable HVAC systems. Absolute can help you make the right decisions, looking at your place to determine square footage, the number of doors and windows you have. What’s more, they offer 0% interest financing for 60 or 72 months once your credit is approved.
True, the winter can be a tiresome time, and you’re tempted to do everything you can to make yourself comfortable. But it is imperative to find ways to keep your energy bills down and to learn to live with fewer comforts.
It’s a good policy to live by because as we go into 2020, life is going to become more difficult, not easier.
- Look for gaps under doorways and find ways to prevent the warm air inside escaping out your home. Look for silicone-based sealants or use a rolled-up blanket to spread across the base of your door.
- There are other ways to insulate your home –
- A lot of heat goes out of the roof. You can insulate your roof and look forward to lower energy bills and a warmer home.
- Depending on the hot water system you have, you can also insulate your hot water tank and pipes, so as to keep your water hotter for longer. You might want to look at a lagging jacket for your hot water tank.
- If you don’t have double glazed windows, it might be a good idea to invest in some, if you’re able to financially as it will preserve energy in the future. If you don’t, then get into the habit of closing shutters or curtains at sun-down to preserve the heat in your home.
- People think that their appliances such as a computer or DVD player are ‘off’ when on standby, but they’re on, wasting energy. Get into the habit of switching them off when not in use.
- Switch to LED Bulbs. These energy-saving bulbs last much longer than your regular ones, with some coming with a life of up to 50,000 hours. Get into the habit of turning off lights when you’re not in a room.
Stop your Winter costs Rising
As the winter temperatures drop, your costs could be rising, but with useful tips and advice from Absolute, you can face the Winter and the future with confidence.