Table of Contents
The skin is your largest organ and plays a significant role in your overall wellness. For one, your skin acts as a barrier that protects your body against water loss, as well as chemical and physical injuries. Tips for healthy skin also boosts your immune system, regulates your body temperature, protects you from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, and expedites wound healing.
Essential Tips for Healthy Skin
Your skin is essential, which is why you should exert time and effort to ensure that your skin remains healthy. It’ll be very easy for your body to function properly if your skin is in its best condition.
Experiencing dryness, sensitivity, congestions, and oiliness, for example, can create microscopic holes in your skin that can serve as entryways for germs and bacteria. Once these entities have successfully penetrated your skin, your bodily functions will deteriorate, and you’ll be at risk of illnesses and diseases.
If you want to ensure your skin’s optimum health, take note of the following tips for healthy skin. Keep reading to know how to repair damaged hair.
1. Always Protect Your Skin From The Sun
One of the easiest ways for you to achieve healthy and nice skin is to protect it from the dangers of the sun. Whether or not it is sunny, you should always use sunscreen whenever you head out of the house. The longer you stay outdoors, the more frequent you should apply sunscreen to your body. Too much sun exposure can result in sunburn, premature skin aging, wrinkles, and, worse, skin cancer.
You can give your skin thorough sun protection through the following:
- Use sunscreen: With the presence of beauty websites, such as yora.com, buying a sunscreen for your daily use can be a piece of cake. Check these websites and invest in a sunscreen that suits your lifestyle and budget. Using a sunscreen with 15 SPF (sun protection factor) is a great start. However, if you tend to spend a lot more time outdoors, choose a sunscreen with higher SPF.
- Seek shade: The sun is a great source of vitamin D, which works by boosting your body’s ability to absorb phosphorus and calcium. If you want to enjoy the benefits of vitamin D without compromising your skin health, pay attention to the time of the day that you go outdoors. As much as possible, you should avoid being out between 10 AM and 4 PM because the sun’s rays are very harmful during this time.
- Wear protective clothing: If your lifestyle requires you to be out, properly prepare for it by wearing the right protective clothing. You should wear a long-sleeved shirt, a wide-brimmed hat, and long pants whenever you spend time outdoors.
2. Gently Treat Your Skin
Achieving healthy skin isn’t a one-time stint. This task requires consistency and long-term commitment. Regardless of how expensive your skin products are, if you are not using them regularly, all of your efforts will be useless. Aside from protecting your skin from the dangers of the sun, you can also achieve healthy skin by making sure that you treat it gently. Contrary to popular belief, shaving and daily cleansing can actually strip off the natural moisture of your skin, which can eventually lead to severe irritation.
These following tips are some of the effective ways and tips for healthy skin that you can treat your skin gently:
- Limit your bath time: Taking a shower or bath can make you feel fresh, but are you aware that spending too much time in the bathroom can take a toll on your skin health? Long showers using hot water can strip off oils from your skin, making it feel and look dry. Make sure that this doesn’t happen to your skin by limiting your shower or bath time, and using warm water all the time.
- Avoid strong soaps: With the number of skincare products available in the market today, it’ll be very easy to find a soap that fits your unique preferences. But, if you’re having a hard time picking from your options, prioritize products that don’t contain additives and detergents as these can remove the moisture from your skin. When shopping for soaps, make sure to use those that contain mild cleansers and natural compounds.
- Shave carefully: Unwanted body hairs can be a nuisance to the point that these can adversely affect a person’s body image and self-esteem. If you often shave in order to get rid of these unwanted hairs, do so carefully. You can do this by applying shaving cream, gel, or lotion before shaving and using a very sharp razor. Follow the direction of your hair growth when shaving it, and do not go against it.
- Pat dry: After getting out from the shower or bath, spend some time to pat dry your skin. Gently blot your skin with a clean and dry towel so moisture will be locked in your skin.
- Moisturize your skin: Your body naturally produces oils to keep it moisturized, but poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle choices can deplete these oils. You can prevent your skin from drying out by applying a moisturizer immediately after you take a shower or bath.
3. Eat A Healthy Diet
The food you eat can also affect the condition of your skin. Eating excessive amounts of oily and greasy food can cause the oil glands in your body to rev up, resulting in a shiny face and clogged pores. Over time, this problem can cause severe acne breakouts, which can leave scarring on the surface of your skin. Read this post to know four winter skincare routine.
If you don’t want any of these to happen, limit the amount of fried and fatty food you eat, and, instead, incorporate the following to your diet:
- Fatty fish: Eating fatty fish, such as herring, salmon, and mackerel, is a great way for you to achieve healthy skin. Fatty fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that are vital in maintaining and improving skin health. Moreover, omega-3 fatty acids can also effectively reduce inflammation that can cause severe acne and redness.
- Avocado: Avocados contain high levels of tips for healthy skin, which can improve your bodily functions and health of your skin. Having sufficient amounts of healthy fat in the body is also essential because it can help keep your skin moisturized, flexible, and supple.
In addition, avocados are an excellent source of vitamin E, which works by providing antioxidants to your body and protecting your skin from oxidative damage. Antioxidants can minimize the appearance of wrinkles on your face and make your skin younger-looking.
- Walnuts: Because of their natural properties, adding walnuts to your diet should be on top of your to-do list if you want to achieve healthy skin. Walnuts are a great source of essential fatty acids that can help your skin function properly as a protective barrier. Walnuts also contain zinc that can expedite your body’s natural ability to heal wounds, as well as combat inflammation and bacteria.
- Broccoli: Although not the best tasting vegetable available today, you should do your best to eat broccoli as often as possible because it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamins A and C, along with zinc and lutein. All of these compounds work by protecting your skin from oxidative damage, skin cancer, and sun damage. Keep reading to know the factors that increase risk of skin cancer.
- Dark chocolate: Contrary to popular belief, you need not solely eat fruits and vegetables in order to achieve healthy skin. As long as consumed in moderation, dark chocolates can also help you achieve your skin goals. This snack contains high levels of antioxidants that can help make your skin look and feel thicker, and keep it hydrated throughout the entire day. These antioxidants found in dark chocolates can also help your skin become less sensitive to sunburn.
4. Know How To Manage Stress
Stress is a part of life, but not being able to manage stress can have negative effects on your skin. Chronic stress can actually give rise to a chemical response in your body that causes your skin to be more reactive and sensitive. Leaving this problem unaddressed for a long period can result in the overproduction of oil from your glands, as well as increase your susceptibility to acne and other tips for healthy skin conditions.
Some of the easiest ways to relieve yourself from stress and prevent it from messing tips for healthy skin are:
- Scroll smarter: Everyone is on social media, but this doesn’t mean that you should, too. Spending a lot of time on social media can lead to anxiety and other mental health and eating disorders. Although challenging, strive to spend at least one day of the week without using any digital device. A day of digital detox can do wonders for your mental health and skin condition.
- Work out: Any type of exercise can melt away stress and encourage happy hormones in your body. Try to engage in at least thirty minutes of cardiovascular workout every single day. This could be a session of yoga, or you may simply jog around your neighborhood.
- Be one with nature: Spending time outdoors can lower stress levels in your body and improve your mood. You can experience the benefits of nature by spending at least an hour in a park or other wooded areas in your neighborhood.
Ask For Professional Help
If you have been experiencing severe skin conditions and none of the tips for healthy skin listed above alleviated the symptoms, take the time to visit a dermatologist. It’ll be very easy for you to achieve healthy skin if you allow a professional to help you out from our Fashion section.