Health insurance is an essential aspect of our lives. Medical treatment cost has increased steeply and there is no dearth of diseases today, most of which are acute like common cold, fever or cough and not to forget the old age ailments. The number of people with chronic diseases like asthma or diabetes has also increased dramatically over the years.
Therefore one cannot be too careful when it comes to choosing health insurance plans. Many agents offer these health insurance plans with attractive packages, but one needs to know all aspects about them before finally zeroing in on one plan because they have to spend some part of their income on buying these health insurance plans every year for themselves and their family members. Therefore, a yearly budget needs some sort of provision for this expenditure.
Essential tips to choose perfect health insurance plans for family:
- First, know about the kind of health insurance plans available in a particular country. Then, one must choose the right plan to cover their medical emergency like hospitalization or death (if it is life insurance).
- One should decide their budget for buying health insurance policies early because once you start comparing different plans, they might get confused with their variety and buy one that does not always give them benefits but charges lots of premiums year after year. So make a yearly budget for this expense and accordingly do proper planning by consulting an expert who can guide one in choosing the best health insurance policy.
- When one enroll in any health insurance program, make sure about what happens if they switch jobs or move to another state. Can they carry the same health insurance plan with them? What is the transferability of such a policy?
- Check about what happens in case of pre-existing diseases that one currently suffers from and whether their new health insurance company will provide coverage for that or not.
- Compare each and every aspect of different plans and select the best one keeping in mind one’s present and future medical needs which can be further divided into:
- Life cover b) Hospitalization c) Daycare procedures d) Critical illness e) Mediclaim f) Expenses on buying medicines, pre-hospitalization expenses, etc., g) Expenses on ambulance charges, etc.
- Experts suggest taking high deductible health insurance rather than ordinary health insurance. This means that they have to pay for their medical expenses most of the time before getting reimbursed. The best part about this is that these plans are cheaper than regular ones and thus, can be afforded by all. But make sure one knows how much maximum expense per year one has to bear under this health insurance policy so that they can prepare themselves accordingly.
- One should carefully examine whether they are covered against certain diseases like heart ailments or cancer because only then will the benefits reach them when they really need them during hospitalization or any pre-existing diseases for which there was no mention in the earlier plan earlier might not even remember. And if such important clauses are missing in their policy, it is not worth buying.
- The claim settlement ratio should be good so that one is not denied the benefits of their health insurance policy which they have honestly paid for. This will avoid any hassle later on if their company starts neglecting the claims made by its clients.
- It is also advisable to buy a health insurance plan for which there is no age limit at all because people above 80 years of age need to protect themselves from hospitalization expenses by taking proper care of their present state of health and thus, can become eligible to buy such plans without paying higher premiums as compared to young people. But make sure one knows whether the terms and conditions under this section are applicable or not after certain age limits like 65 years, 70 years, etc. because these vary from insurer to insurer.
- Many insurers in the market offer different kinds of health insurance plans with lots of benefits and discounts attached. One can get in touch with them by browsing through their websites or asking their colleagues for suggestions that could help them know about reliable names in this field that provide the best services at affordable rates. Also, do not forget to go through customer reviews posted online by previous users of such plans to decide whether it is worth trusting or not.
- At last, if one wants to compare health insurance cost quotes in the shortest amount of time possible without spending too much time on bargaining with an agent who will finally cheat them by giving false information, then make use of various web portals which are designed to provide them with an opportunity to choose between best health insurance plans. These online portals give them different options to compare health insurance quotes and tell them the approximate premium that they have to pay for each of them.
Make sure about all these points before buying any health insurance plan and thus, take maximum benefit out of it by avoiding unnecessary disputes with the insurer later on. Care Health Insurance covers all these points, and they have the trust of many clients with them.