Table of Contents
If you are an addicted gambler in the United Kingdom, you must have heard of GamStop. This is a self-exclusion scheme. Addicted gamblers apply to become members of GamStop. Once their application is accepted, GamStopinhibits them from visiting online casinos registered in the United Kingdom.
You may have been forced by your wife, girlfriend, or employer to register on the gambling prevention index. Do not worry, there are ways you can get around that. When signing in to the program, you get to pick the amount of time you are prevented from gambling.
How Do You Apply to Join GamStop?
The process is straightforward. All you have to do is;
1. Visit Their Website
If you are an addicted gambler have to be properly registered to access everything. Go to the GamStop website and register. If you do not register, some parts of this gambling site will not be available for you. When registering you have to verify your identity with;
- Your mobile number
- Your name
- Your date, month, and year of birth
- Your email address
- Your residential address with the postcode
2. Choose Your Exclusion Period
You will then be prompted to choose the time you want your exclusion to hold for. You will have three options, six months, one year, and five years. Up to this point, you would have spent a few minutes on the site, but you would have done something that could change your whole life forever. Sometimes, you may have to wait for 24 hours for GamStop to know you as an active member.
After you have submitted your data, you will be expected to answer a few more questions so that they can verify your identity. No one is allowed to register someone else on GamStop. All you can do for someone else is to help them register. After you have registered and verified that all the information given is correct, your registration will be finalized.
How It Works
Apart from the information that you provided when registering, GamStop will also receive your data from gambling operators that are in the scheme. If you change your mind about joining GamStop, there are sites without this self-exclusion scheme that you can join.
After you have registered on GamStop, Operators are required to;
- Run checks on the accounts of gambling operators that work with the scheme.
- If an account that is linked to you is found, the operator denies you access.
If a new user registers to gamble, the operator;
- Conducts a check on the system for matching accounts. This is to make sure someone who is active on GamStop does not try to register a new gambling account.
- If there is no link to another account, the person is allowed to gamble.
- If there is a link with another account, the user will be denied access to gambling sites.
If you decide to quit gambling, the first step is always the hardest. However, you have to decide to quit addicted gambler on your own. Some people are forced into it.