Gone are the days when you’re struggling to figure out whether the printer is properly connected to your PC. These days, with Windows 10, you can easily check the status of a printer to see whether or not your printer is offline or online. If the printer is offline, it could mean there is some error with the printer, perhaps it could be turned off. Such features have allowed for easy troubleshooting if need be. TheWindowsClub is a great place to help you diagnose and resolve all your computing issues. But here, we will take it back to the basics and see how one can install a printer to their computer. Since Windows 10 is widely used by individuals and corporations, we will specifically discuss how you can connect or install a printer on Windows 10.
Install A Printer On Windows 10
Windows 10 is great at understanding what device is connected and what driver is required to ensure that the device works seamlessly. It makes connecting devices a mere plug-and-play.
Simply plug in the USB cable of your printer into your PC USB port and wait for the computer to start recognizing the device. Now that you’ve connected your printer, it is time for you to install it.
Follow the steps below to install a printer on Windows 10.
- Click on the Start icon and head to settings.
- Find “Devices” and click on that.
- Navigate to printers and scanners and click on that.
- You should be able to open printer and scanner settings. This is important to install your printer.
- You will now have to add a printer to the computer. There should be an option “add a printer or scanner”.Open that.
- The device will start to search for any connected printers and show you your options. If you’ve connected one printer, then it’ll show a single option. Click on that to start adding it to your Windows 10 system.
- Sometimes, the system will not be able to recognize a printer because the model might be outdated. In these cases, you can add a printer manually.
- Once you choose to add a printer manually, the system will give you a list of manufacturers and model numbers that you can choose.
Install A Wireless/Bluetooth Printer On Windows 10
Before you go about installing a wireless printer or a Bluetooth printer, make sure the printer is connected to a wireless network or a Bluetooth device. You can either do it from the printer LCD screen by following the instructions. Once you’ve done that, simply follow the exact steps mentioned above for “Install a printer on Windows 10”. It’s that simple.
If your non-wireless/wireless/Bluetooth printer does not install even after adding it manually, you would need to resort to the printer manufacturer’s website to install the relevant driver. For this, you would need the printer model number or serial number depending on the manufacturer.