Table of Contents
- What Are Agricultural Chemicals?
- What Are The Best Paying Jobs In Agricultural Chemicals?
- Is Agricultural Chemicals A Good Career Path?
Did you just graduate and are now wondering, “is agricultural chemicals a good career path?” Are you looking for a career transition in the agricultural field and not sure if agriculture chemicals is the right field for you?
There are different career paths people aim to pursue throughout their life. However, the fundamental goal of each individual is to achieve and secure their career in growing fields and have high sustainability in future years.
Although some people assume this is a vague idea, the agricultural industry is a growing field all around the globe. Day by day, new methods are being introduced in this field, and with the help of technology, this field is flourishing to new levels.
Many assume that the agricultural field is all about farming and its different types. However, this is a misinterpretation. Apart from farming, there is much more in agriculture, and agricultural technology, chemicals, arable farming, and many other subtypes are flourishing and sustainable agrarian fields.
If you are looking forward to a career in agriculture, this article is perfect for you. It will discuss the following:
- What are agricultural chemicals?
- Is agricultural chemicals a good career path?
- What are the benefits of being associated with agricultural chemicals?
- What are the best paying jobs in agricultural chemicals?
- How many jobs are available in agricultural chemicals?
What Are Agricultural Chemicals?
Agricultural chemicals are also known as agrochemicals and include pesticides, insecticides, fungicides, and other chemicals. These chemicals have different biological actions too.
In addition to this, these chemicals can be synthetic or natural. There are various methods for the extraction of such substances.
Benefits Of Agricultural Chemicals
There are multiple benefits of agricultural chemicals. The following are some of the benefits of farming chemicals:
- Agricultural chemicals have significant benefits in terms of crop yields. They enhance the yield by improving the crops’ availability of nitrogen and nitrates. Due to this, the crops show better results as compared to the crops which are grown without fertilizers.
- Agricultural chemicals have protective effects on the consumers consuming them. We all are aware of the fact that pesticides and insecticides have harmful effects in higher amounts when consumed by humans. Hence, different agrochemicals are used as protectants to avoid this and its adverse impact on humans and other organisms.
- Agricultural chemicals have proven to boost the growth of crops in many ways. It might have some negative effects on the soil, but it produces better and faster results. These results have a significant impact in promoting the development of crops in lesser time, providing better income to the farmers.
What Are The Best Paying Jobs In Agricultural Chemicals?
One always looks for jobs in any field to explore chances and look for stability in the future.
The following are some of the best paying jobs in agricultural chemicals.
Farm managers are one of the highest-paid jobs in the agricultural industry. It might seem like an unordinary job, but it has a good paying scale.
These farm managers are responsible for overlooking and managing all the operations which are going on at a farm. Moreover, they are accountable for task selection, harvesting, delectation in planning, and many more.
Average salary: $73,060 annually
Agricultural specialists are your go-to saviors because agrarian specialists help you import and export goods between countries and cities. They deal with all the hefty charges, patrolling, and clearing activities on the port.
In addition to this, agricultural specialists also locate, mitigate and identify any kinds of current and future agricultural threats.
Average salary: $52,431 annually
Water Treatment Specialists
Water is one of the essentials when it comes to agriculture, and we know we need purified water for efficient agriculture or agricultural activities.
Water treatment specialists look after the installation mechanisms at the farm site. In addition to this, they also manage water distribution and storage both on-site and off-site.
Average salary: $66,842 annually
Water Resource Engineer
A water resource engineer works to develop and design the water resource plant for the agricultural site. The engineer implements different principles in this system to get reproducible results.
Average salary: $72,329 annually
Now that we know the best paying jobs, let’s explore the answer to the question, “is agricultural chemicals a good career path?”.
Is Agricultural Chemicals A Good Career Path?
One often asks questions about how many jobs are available in agricultural chemicals.
There are multiple job opportunities in agriculture chemicals due to the industry’s massive growth. Because the population is growing, they need more food items and sustainable resources to feed themselves.
These resources can be in the form of crops and can be in the form of livestock availability too. Hence, different people available have different roles that are hired to fulfill the demands of a growing nation.
Apart from the jobs mentioned, there are numerous other options that individuals interested in pursuing a career in agricultural chemicals can explore.
Now that we have answered the question, “is agricultural chemicals a good career path” let’s explore how many jobs are available in the field.
How Many Jobs Are Available In Agricultural Chemicals?
According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics 2019 report, there were 36,600 people employed directly in the agricultural chemicals industry.
If you look at the overall picture of the agricultural labor market, in 2020, the industry provided 19.7 million full and part-time jobs, with 2.6 million direct farm employment. As the population grows, the agricultural sector will expand, and there will be a need for more people in the farming chemicals sector. All these industries depend on each other.
The agricultural chemicals field is expected to grow 9% through 2028.
The answer to the question “is agricultural chemicals a good career path for you” depends on your career interests, which is why it is essential to research before applying for job positions in agricultural chemicals and see if the responsibilities align with your career goals.