Most kratom users love it for the medicinal and recreational benefits that come with its use. They take kratom in powder form, capsules, and complex kratom products such as creams and oils. That is the bit most known about kratom use. But do you know that you can make soap out of this natural herb? Surprising it is, right?
Kratom is a diverse plant with more than one use. While it is gaining popularity gradually in the current world, you need to unearth much information about kratom not for the sake of enlightenment but its amazing benefits. You may discover substantial ideas that will encourage you to start your own kratom business as well.
Many soaps available in the market are loaded with chemicals that may irritate your skin or clog the skin pores. Kratom soaps, in contrast, are organic and gentle on the surface. But only in the right dosages and precisely-measured ingredients, do you get to experience its potential benefits to the maximum.
Let us look at the kratom soap recipe, which covers the correct dosages for making the naturally-occurring herb. Before the recipe, knowing the benefits in detail comes in handy to convince you that it’s worth your time and energy making.
Benefits of kratom soap
- Skin Exfoliation
Kratom soap contains a slightly rough texture that scrubs off and gets rids of dead skin cells from your body naturally to improve your skin tone. It is a skincare product that clears blemishes and acne by exfoliating your skin while preventing any form of dead skin cells buildup that could easily clog pores to cause acne and other types of severe skin conditions.
- A pain reliever and rich in antibacterial agents
Kratom is rich in alkaloids known for antibacterial properties that get combined with exfoliating properties to make soap that can help to brighten as well as improves skin textures. When used, the soap gives one’s body a calming and relaxing effect that helps stress alleviation, reduction of muscle, and joints tension.
- Moisturizer and improves skin condition
Daily application of kratom soap could help eliminate as well as managing dryness of the skin. Kratom soap reportedly moisturizes the skin thoroughly by keeping it hydrated throughout the day, making it suitable for use in both dry and very cold weather.
DIY recipe for making kratom soap
Making kratom requires you to take note of the right dosages and measure accurately to achieve the desired effects.
While making Kratom soap lye as one of the ingredients can be a skin irritant and therefore, should be handled with the right equipment and proper care.
So, what equipment must one have to make kratoms soap? here is the list:
- A weighing scale to measure accurate volumes
- a pair of rubber gloves for safety purposes
- Wooden or plastic spoons for mixing – some of the ingredients are corrosive.
- Safety glasses to avoid eye exposure to fumes.
- Plastic food wrap
- A stainless steel pot
- A blender
- A Pyrex glass to mix the water and lye
- Vinegar for neutralizing lye spillage (Optional)
- Any boxes or soap molds of your choice
- Parchment paper for the lining of the soap mold (optional)
- The best essential oils for a pleasant scent
- 1-2 teaspoons of kratom powder depending on the exfoliating properties
- 7 oz. Organic Coconut Oil
- 16 oz. organic extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. water
- 4.6 oz. 100% lye.
- Lavender or Jasmine flowers
- 1 oz Shea Butter
- One-eighth cup Organic Calendula flowers
N/B: The above ingredients will yield 10 bars of soap weighing two-pound each, depending on the size of the soap mold.
- Warm up the glycerin base to its liquid form and let it cool slowly.
- Add organic extra virgin Olive Oil or Organic Coconut Oil while mixing all these natural oils with glycerin properly without omitting any in the list.
- While mixing, prepare the soap molds by lining them with parchment paper.
- Add lye to the water after measuring it but DO NOT add water to lye as it evokes volcanic reactions as it is an exothermic reaction
- Continuously stir until the lye dissolves appropriately and allow the lye mixture to cool down
- Wear safety glasses and gloves and gently pour the lye solution into the pots of melted oils while stirring.
- Use the blender to mix thoroughly and quicken the saponification process
- When the mixture has thickened, add powdered kratom.
- Then add the essential oils of your choice and any remaining ingredients while shaking gently, then pour the soap mayonnaise into the molds.
- Sprinkle Lavender or Jasmine flowers or any flower on top of the soap for appealing effects.
- Cover with plastic food wrap to prevents the appearance of soda ash on your soap bars.
- Leave for 24 hours for the hardening process. If it is still soft, leave it for a few more hours till it attains firmness. It should not be for very long hours as the bars will become very hard to cut.
- Remove from molds and slice into bars.
Precautions to take:
- Before commencing the process, ensure you wear rubber gloves and cover the area with newspaper sheets to avoid damage to the workplace because of spills and scratches.
- Mix the lye and water in a well-ventilated area, specifically in an open space, due to the released toxic fumes.
- If an accident spills on the skin, thoroughly rinse off with plenty of water, and apply vinegar as a neutralizer.
- If you experience a severe skin injury, seek immediate assistance from your physician.