Are Metal Roofs Energy Efficient? Metal roofing has been proven to save home and business owner’s energy and money. Metal roofs are steadily gaining popularity among residential property owners, and with good reason. When installing a new roof or existing roof, you need to consider metal roofs or shingle roofs.
What Makes Metal Roofs Energy Efficient?
Metal roofs are excellent insulators, and with energy costs ever on the rise, they can significantly reduce your monthly air conditioning bills. They are a particularly good investment if you live in a hot climate. Sustainable design advocates also favor this style of roofing because it’s great for harvesting rainwater, and it easily sheds rain and snow.
Metal Vs Shingles Roofs; Which Will it Be?
There are many good reasons for choosing either one. Metal Vs Shingles Roofs can come in a variety of styles and colors and are very popular choices. Element Exteriors admits both are also suited to any style of architecture. Also, they are both affordable, each in their own way. Finally, both give you a renewable footprint, by using a specific amount of recycled materials in their production. However, this is just about where commonalities between them.
– Most shingles have a life-span of 15 to 30 years depending on the quality. The material can go on for 50 years and much longer. The guarantees show this fact that you will get.
– Steel can be made to resemble shingles, clay or rock in addition to its typical sheet form. In addition, it comes in numerous textures and habits. Shingles don’t have these capabilities.
– It generally does not crack, reduce or erode like shingles.
– Metal can endure hail, high winds of around 140 mph and heavy plenty of snow, where shingles would most definitely fail or preserve severe damage.
– It is fireplace tolerant, sparks cannot get it burning.
– Metallic roofs save up to 40% and even more per time on energy bills. Shingles haven’t any energy preservation benefits.
– Its roof covering heightens your home’s value, and shingles do not.
– The ratio of recycled materials in steel roofing is much larger than the ratio in shingles.
– Metal roofing will not contain petroleum products, the major element in asphalt shingles.
– It roofing is maintained for long that it’s not overflowing the landfills like the tear-off waste materials from shingle roofs.
If you’re looking for roof covering options, consider these facts. While shingles may be cheaper to get, the features of metal roofing can’t be denied.
Metal Roof Maintenance
If maintenance is a concern of yours for your home, a metal roof offers basically a maintenance-free application. You will not have to worry about shingles blowing away or worry about them becoming compromised and causing a leak. You also don’t have to worry about your roof aging and looking worn after many years because the metal will stay consistent for the life of the roof.
Having a metal roof installed is very similar to having any other type installed, are Metal Roofs Energy Efficient? Yes! The process will remain clean, and it can be done in a matter of a few days. You can have this type of roof installed on any type of home, or you can just choose to have installed on your barn or garage. With all the different styles and colors available, the amount of applications is endless.