While we are growing old, the decades of unhealthy eating and stress finally start to take toll on health, according to Tosca Reno, fitness expert. She says that diseases like cancer, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, Parkinson’s and others start taking hold in our body.Still, don’t think it is very late to have your habits changed. She says that even if you have not started any preventive measures, it is never very late to have the immunity system receive boost and for you to begin the lifestyle that would give you best chance of fighting against some crippling disease.Make sure to follow these 6 health strategies for boosting your immunity:
Get Adequate Vitamin E:
It is a compound that’s fat-soluble and which reduces oxidative damages increasing with age. Reno says that it is important to try to protect someone against Alzheimer’s and cancer, and also to enhance brain and memory functions. It is found in vegetable oils, nuts, whole grains, germ oil of wheat and eggs. Although RDA happens to be 15 IU, experts advise to take around 800 IU every day. If you wish to go for supplements, choose Vitamin E complex that contains tocotrienols and tocopherols, both of which are important in fighting sickness. Pass up the supplements which contain alpha-tocopherol only.
Consume Goji Berries; Otherwise Supplements.
Goji tends to be the super-fruit which studies show increases the bone density as well as fights the heart disease. The experts think that its power comes from the fact that it has positive effect on estriol, one form of the hormone estrogen which promotes good heart and bone health. A supplement of 500mg is advised by Reno for every day.
Avoid The Table Salt:
Avoiding sodium intake would decrease risk associated with heart disease, according to Reno. Rather, use herbs and spices for seasoning. She says that they boost the flavor without addition of fat and they might have link with combating specific conditions of health, including heart disease and cancer. She advises that when salt is used, sea salt should be chosen as it has eighty-two minerals but table salt only has sodium chloride.
Take Natural Suppressants For Appetite:
Foods which increase amount of neurotransmitter dopamine within our system are the natural suppressants of appetite. They include spinach, egg whites, apples, unsalted almonds and carrots.
Use Fish Oil For Fighting Any Depression:
The fatty acids omega-3 found in the fish oil help much in fighting depression as well as acting as powerful anti inflammatory. Reno suggests that when there is a lot of fish in diet, supplement with a thousand or two thousand mg daily for maximum intake of omega-3s. Reno also suggests getting adequate magnesium glycinate and vitamin D.
Get Adequate Sleep In The Night Naturally:
Amino acid, L-tryptophan, is found in the turkey and also is responsible for drowsiness after-dinner at Thanksgiving. It’s important for serotonin’s production that’s responsible particularly the sleep cycles. L-tryptophan’s natural sources include pumpkin seeds, milk, dairy and pumpkin seeds. Take supplements to boost level of amino acid L-tryptophan in your body. Follow instructions written on bottle.
Common Immune System Conditions
Immune system disorders attack the immune cells, which cause overactivity or abnormally low activity of the immune system. Autoimmune diseases refer to the overactivity of the immune system, wherein the body damages its own tissues. Immune deficiency diseases reduce the ability of the body to fight infections.
The immune system produces antibodies instead of combating infections in autoimmune disorders, attacking the own tissues of the body. Treatment for autoimmune diseases focuses on decreasing the activity of the immune system.
Here are some examples of common autoimmune diseases:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: People with lupus also develop antibodies, attaching to body tissues, including the joints, blood cells, lungs, kidneys, and nerves. Treatment requires daily oral administration of prednisone, which is a steroid that suppresses the function of the immune system. Click here and learn more about lupus to keep you guided on the types and management of this autoimmune disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: It’s an inflammatory condition affecting the joint lining caused by antibodies produced by the immune cells. Pain, swelling, and inflammation occur, and if left untreated, may cause permanent joint damage. Oral or injected medications help reduce the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, reducing the immune system overactivity.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: This autoimmune disease attacks the intestinal lining, which causes episodes of diarrhea, urgent bowel movements, fever, weight loss abdominal pain, rectal bleeding. The two types of IBD include Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis, which are treated with immune-suppressing medications.
- Multiple Sclerosis: The nerve cells are attacked by the immune system, which causes pain, weakness, muscle spasms, poor coordination, and blindness.
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: In this type of diabetes, the antibodies of the immune system destroy insulin-producing pancreatic cells. Patients with type 1 DM need insulin injections and oral medications to survive, as well as lifestyle modifications, particularly diet changes.
Now you should have a better grasp on how to boost your immune system. While autoimmune diseases have generally unknown causes, keeping your immunity strong by taking in the right food and dietary supplements like L-Optizinc that have great antioxidant potency is a safe way to ensure you’re not deficient in any area. It will help your body offer adequate cell protection against free radical attack and reduce your risks of acquiring these diseases. Immune support is therefore highly recommended.