Table of Contents
While companies all over the world have begun to understand the value of human capital, most of them do not have optimized processes to onboard employees and retain them effectively. Let us look at how you can go about it.
What is Employee Onboarding?
‘Employee onboarding’ seems to take on different meanings in different companies. Some HR managers consider this process to be only new hire paperwork. However, employee onboarding holds a different value to other team members.
This term can also be used to describe the time from releasing an offer to the point when an employee becomes an official member of the company.
Why Onboard employees Efficiently?
Keep in mind that the organization interacts with the employee for the first time after the interview during employee onboarding. It is vital to ensure efficient onboarding. Here’s why:
- A mediocre onboarding process may create a terrible first impression on your employee, causing them to have and potentially spread negative notions about your company.
- An onboarding process that does not go very well might make your employee hesitant to join your company.
- An excellent onboarding process can help build comfort in your employees and allow them to settle into their jobs with ease, get familiar with your organization and the protocols, and get along with their colleagues.
- Finally, a crystal clear and efficient employee onboarding process serves as an orientation for the employees. This helps the employees understand what the company is all about, what is required of them, and become productive.
How to Onboard Employees Effectively?
You must use an onboarding checklist to onboard employees efficiently. Your onboarding checklist must include the following:
- Conduct a background check. Nothing else precedes this step. Making sure that your clients and other works are safe is imperative.
- Fix the employee’s schedule and review it along with the basics of the position. Be sure to get in touch with your employee and get them up to speed with their tasks for the first week.
- You have to review and explain the employee’s job description and responsibilities. Make sure the employee receives an email containing a copy of the duties, obligations, and job description. Also, you will probably have to address some concerns that the employee may have and give them an idea of their position in the department.
- Before the first day, make sure you fill-up the hire forms to save time.
- Another vital aspect of onboarding is to make sure the employee gets a feel of the company and the work culture they are going to be a part of. You can ensure this happens through an orientation and team introduction.
- Getting the work environment ready in advance can do you a lot of good. This involves sprucing up the workspace, setting up the equipment, and having your business cards ready.
Employee Onboarding Software
Several statistics have cemented the importance of employee onboarding software. Here are a few:
- Organizations that have a standard onboarding process have reportedly experienced a 54% boost in new hire productivity.
- Organizations have managed to increase employee retention by 25% through onboarding programs.
- Organizations have also witnessed an 11% increase in employee performance.
Given how productive an employee onboarding software can be, you ought to know what it is and how it works.
Employee onboarding software is, fundamentally, a technology that enables employers to carry out a seamless transition for new employees. Most employee onboarding software include a dashboard that allows teams to get in touch with each other and monitor the progress of each employee with ease.
The employee onboarding stage includes compliance insight, I-9 verification, payroll and benefits, and so forth.
Why do you Need an Employee Onboarding Software?
Your company should have an employee onboarding software in place for the following reasons:
- The HR team generally spends a significant amount of time taking care of the paperwork instead of welcoming the new employee. The use of an employee onboarding software can simplify this.
- If you have issues during the onboarding process like forgetting to send background checks on time, for example, an employee onboarding software can help you.
What are the features of an Employee Onboarding Software?
- Employee onboarding software can simplify the process of employee documentation compliance. While it is a complex process, the onboarding software can help you make sure your company utilizes the latest forms with clear instructions to the employees responsible for filling them out. This way, your employees stay compliant, and you can save ample amounts of time.
- The excessive paperwork that comes with the hiring of a new employee tends to plague companies and take up a lot of time. With an employee onboarding software in place, employees can put all documents in one place and transfer information from form to form instead of wasting time entering redundant information.
- Employee onboarding software ensures that background checks can be submitted with a mere click. It can also make sure your team receives automatic updates after the new employee authorizes the background check and after the results are ready. In a nutshell, it saves a lot of time.
If you are on the fence about getting an employee onboarding software, you probably know by now how your company can benefit from it. The bigger your organization, the more time you can save through the use of an employee onboarding software.