Table of Contents
How To Wear a Necklace: Popular Necklace Styling
- Keep things tidy. Make sure the styles are similar so your necklace matches the rest of your ensemble. If you pick a striking necklace, make sure it suits your neckline and matches your style.
- With busy tops, keep things basic. When your ensemble has a lot going on, keep your necklaces basic and lengthy to avoid a jumbled effect.
- Don’t let anything else take your attention away from your face. Your necklace should complement and accentuate your features, rather than lengthening or shortening an oval or round face.
- Find a focal point. Wearing striking earrings with a statement necklace, even if it’s a basic layered necklace, is a no-no. Bold earrings call for a delicate necklace; even a little pendant might be too much. Our recommendation: This dainty amethyst necklace.
How To Wear Long Necklace
- Long necklaces should not be worn with crop tops. When a necklace hangs above the bottom of the shirt, it looks nicest. Necklaces worn around the neck, such as chokers or collars, are quite fashionable.
- Don’t go overboard with the length. You don’t want to overextend yourself to the point of drooping. Consider a long dress with a low scoop neck and a rope necklace; the lowest half is excessively emphasised.
- Long necklaces can be layered or wrapped for further versatility. Long necklaces are versatile items that may be shortened, extended, stacked, or wrapped around the wrist like a bracelet to create a variety of styles.
How To Layer Necklace
It’s easier than you would think to layer necklaces. You can wear as many layers as you like. When done appropriately, wearing many pieces of jewellery at once looks stunning and is guaranteed to garner praises. Layering necklaces may be done in a variety of ways.
- Color, texture, and flare are added to shorter necklaces by stacking layers one on top of the other.
- A reflecting or shadow effect is achieved by using somewhat longer layers with identical chains. Wear two collar-length necklaces, one a fourth of an inch longer than the other.
- Long layers provide dimension and make a bold statement. For symmetry, tier each layer at a separate level, or tier a few and stack some in between for added dimension.
- Layers without decorations provide a delicate, more formal, or minimalist appearance. To change up your look, experiment with different widths and connections. However, it’s typically better to stick to a single hue.
- A single pendant, several tiny beads or charms, multiple bigger pendants, or an array of decorations can be used in a layer with embellishments. When layering pendants of various colours, you may also alter the colour of the stacked chains.
Pro Tip: To properly store all your necklaces and keep them organized, invest in a quality jewelry box. Whether you’re storing your necklaces or your stylish mens bracelets, you can keep them all in check with a jewellery box.
How To Wear Multiple Necklaces Without Tangling
- Use a pendant to weigh down one or more layers.
- Change up the textures. Chains with different-sized or-shaped connecting or beading are less prone to tangle.
- Disperse the lengths. For example, a choker with a lariat would have too much space between the layers to tangle.
How To Wear Pendants
- Choose the number of pendants you wish to wear.
- Choose the length of your pendant. Long pendant necklaces give weight to flowing blouses and bulky sweaters, making them ideal for shaping. Short pendants look excellent with a V-neck or collared shirt and can provide a prominent focal point on a circular necklace.
- Make a decision on how you want to stack them. Two pendants can be worn side by side on the same chain or on two separate chains. If you’re tiering your layers, the heaviest pendant should be at the bottom for balance.
- Make sure your pendants go well together. They don’t have to be the same size, colour, or style, but they should all be well-balanced.
When Not To Wear a Necklace
Adding a necklace to any of these three looks adds even more confusion and clutter.
- With a ruffled, thick, or high neck
- With a pair of striking earrings
- Necklines with bling or bows
There are always exceptions to style standards, and you are the expert on your own personal style. You can breach the laws of necklace style tastefully now that you’ve learnt them. You may put your newfound knowledge to use with current necklace trends now that you know how to mix necklaces with various outfits.