Table of Contents
MBA in infrastructure management is a course that is designed to inculcate strong management skills. The course aims at sculpting you into a thorough information technology infrastructure professional by focusing on your technical and managerial skills.
Study MBA in Infrastructure Management
Some of the core topics covered are centered on compliance management processes concerning computer applications, organizational behaviour, finance, marketing and accounting. Through this programme, one gains a wholesome and global perspective of all business scenario that come up in the infrastructure support.
This dynamic and rapidly evolving sector is churning out various job roles in domains like legal consulting firms, government and private institutes, policy think tanks, financial institutions and more.
Skills to gain from MBA in Information Technology Infrastructure
A certain set of expertise that the coursework and training comprises of are as follows:
- IT – A good and highly valuable knowledge of IT that would be applied at work.
- Team management – Seamlessly functioning team is required for creating infrastructure which is where team management comes into the picture.
- Business awareness- Agility in keeping a check on technological and business development is another useful trait to gain.
- Proactive forecasting- Analysing the system to look for areas of improvement and predicting changes.
- Crisis Management – This necessary skill is aimed at finding any glitch in the infrastructure that can be detrimental financially.
Jobs in MBA in Infrastructure Management
- Infrastructure Manager- An infrastructure manager’s job is to make sure that the organisation’s IT equipment functions smoothly. They are the one’s responsible for organising, directing and managing every aspect connected to computer systems and network infrastructure – design, installation, and connectivity.
- Infrastructure Team Leader- The job of infrastructure team leader is to build and maintain a successful, enterprising and dedicated O/S and application support team. They have to ensure that as a better team leader, their team delivers proper service to the group.
- Infrastructure Engineer- The job profile of an infrastructure engineer is very varied and involves several tasks. It can include smooth flow of data and voice within the organisation to integrating corporate systems after M&A activity.
- Project Managers- Many project managers are hired by construction companies where they supervise in collaboration with experts. These can range from electrical engineers, architects, sustainability experts and many more.
Opportunities and Scopes
Since infrastructure plays a pivotal role in almost every sector, there is no dearth of opportunities or scope. Some of the relevant domains that one can look into are: real estate developers, consultancy firms, architecture firms, infrastructure developers and more.
A degree like MBA in infrastructure support makes one competent for employment opportunities in reputed construction companies. Those keen can also look into starting their own infrastructure management firm as well.
For more information on educational sector, you can read more on our education archive.