Furniture and wiring are common in homes and offices. New construction might require extensive use of wiring and with this comes the need for quality grommets or eyelets to safeguard the wiring while they pass through the furniture holes. Grommets are protective devices that can prevent the wiring from abrasions when they pass through the holes. You can get grommets made of metal, PVC, and rubber. Of this, rubber is the popular grommet that is widely preferred for its durability and weather resistance. If you wish to purchase high-quality grommets for your home or office, you can rely on Rubber Grommet the trusted supplier of standard and custom grommets products.
Impact of rubber grommets
- It works as good as natural rubber.
- Rubber grommets can be used even in the harsh manufacturing environment because of its weather-resistant and heat-resistant properties. It can hold up to 180°F (82°C).
- Unlike the metal grommets which needs to be screwed into the holes, rubber grommets are easy to install and remove. You can just slip it into the hole and it will fit tightly.
- Rubber grommets due to its heat and weather resistance nature can last loner than the other grommets.
Availability of rubber grommets
Rubber grommets are available in a variety of sizes and shapes. The standard shapes are round square, special shape, and blind hole. Rubber grommets find its application in several fields like electrical appliances, electronics, machinery, furniture, sports equipment, and lighting. Being dustproof and waterproof it is suitable for use everywhere. The field of use depends on the type of rubber grommet and the material used in its manufacturing. The common materials used in manufacturing rubber grommets and the field where each can be used are highlighted here.
- Natural rubber – By using this material hard rubber grommets can be manufactured with good insulation properties.
- Buna-N – With this material rubber grommets can be made with good oil resistance properties.
- Neoprene – Using neoprene, grommets can be made highly heat-resistant and weather resistant. It is excellent to make grommets for outdoor use that might get plenty of sun exposure. This material also makes the grommets flame retardant and is ideal for use in industries.
- FKM – Grommets made of FKM display a high degree of chemical stability. It can be used in environments where there can be strong acid or alkali exposure. It also has high-temperature resistance and can work for a long time at extreme heat of 300 degree Celsius.
- Silicone – Grommets made of silicon are environment-friendly and are safe for contact with skin or food. Hence, it is ideal for use in medical products.
It can be seen that due to its versatility and resistant properties rubber grommets are widely used in several settings like industries, agriculture, automotive, health sector, military and defense. For finding the right product that can suit your environment you can get in touch with the experts at Rubber Grommets who will help you make the right choice.