Table of Contents
It’s no news that rice is a great source of carbohydrates, but it is also an amazing way of consuming natural vitamins and minerals. Let’s find out why and how.
White rice: the star ingredient
You may wonder why rice is so well known around the world, and it might be because of its versatility and adaptability.
First give it a thought
Can you think of any ingredient rice doesn’t combine with? It suits everything and that makes it unique, since it can be eaten as a side dish or as a main course, hot or cold, and everybody likes it.
Why do I say white rice is so practical? Because it is a simple ingredient that I bet you always have at home, and, at the same time, if you try different combinations you can prepare gourmet dishes with rice as the main ingredient.
If you want to learn more about white rice nutrition facts, combinations and recipes, this article is definitely for you. You are going to realize how easy it is to eat healthily.
Let’s begin with the properties
When it comes to nutrients, white rice provides carbohydrates, as it is already known, but it also helps us to incorporate fiber, protein and manganese.
Apart from this, as you can combine it with other ingredients, you can balance your diet by adding some nuts to your plain white rice, or pair it with meat to enlarge the amount of protein you have, and you know vegetables are always a great option to complete your dishes.
You shouldn’t forget that seasonings are a key part of cuisines around the globe. So, don’t be afraid of trying out new sauces and spices when cooking your favorite variety of rice.
Now let’s boil some water and get ready
If you are a beginner at the kitchen, don’t worry! Cooking rice is going to be easy for you, too.
It can be useful to know that, if you want your white rice to be perfect, you just have to bring 2 cups of water into a boil with a pinch of salt and add 1 cup of white rice. After 20 minutes simmering, you should take the rice out of the heat and fluff it with a fork. And that’s it! It is ready to be eaten.
Are you looking for an interesting twist?
If you have been cooking for a while and you feel you are ready to take this ingredient to another level, let’s learn how to make a chicken rice casserole recipe for which you will only need five ingredients. Yes, just five. And it will only take you 20 minutes to get it cooked.
What you are going to need
- 2 chicken breasts.
- ½ cup of white rice (uncooked).
- 1 cup of water.
- ½ package of onion soup mix.
- 5 oz of cream of mushroom soup.
What you are going to do
- To begin with, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- After that, spray a pan with cooking spray and add the chicken breasts to it. Season with a pinch of salt and a little bit of pepper, if desired.
- Then, add the uncooked white rice over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with the onion soup mix.
- The next step is to mix the water with the mushroom soup and add the mixture to the chicken.
- Finally, cover the pan with a lid and bake the preparation for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The rice should be tender.
- Serve the dish warm.
- This is the ideal recipe that will help you out on a busy day and which your family and friends will love. You will see!
- If you are a vegetarian, you can replace the chicken breasts with your favorite vegetables or beans.
- If you are a spicy food fan, you can add some Tabasco sauce to heat the dish up and give it a more intense flavor.
Now, you have also realized it is possible: healthy, quick and tasty. This homemade recipe will make everyone enjoy mealtime as they have never done before. And another good point is that it is made out of very simple ingredients!
There are no disadvantages. If you don’t trust your culinary skills, trust this recipe and everyone will consider you the kitchen master. Bon appétit!