Approximately 25 percent of adults say that they believe in astrology.
Are you part of this group? Are you hoping to learn more about your sign and the personality traits you can attribute to it?
If you’re just barely starting to dive into astrology, a great place to start is by learning your moon sign. If you don’t know your sign yet, keep reading.
Explained below is everything you need to know about the different moon signs and what yours means.
What Is a Moon Sign?
Your moon sign indicates the position of the moon when you were born. Every 2-3 days, the moon moves into a different sign, so two people born under the same sun sign could have very different moon signs (and very different personalities) as a result.
Your moon sign shapes various aspects of your personality. It says a lot about your soul, your deep needs, and your emotions.
A person’s moon sign influences the strength of their sun sign (the position of the sun when they were born), too. For example, a Scorpio with a Pisces moon sign may be more emotional and intuitive than Scorpios with different moon signs.
What Does Your Moon Sign Mean?
There are twelve different moon signs.
In order to know your specific moon sign, you’ll need to know your birth date, the time of your birth, and the location of your birth. There are lots of calculators available online where you can plug in this information and get your moon sign.
The following are the twelve moon signs and what they mean for you and your emotional health and stability:
- Aries: Aries moon signs require lots of autonomy, action, novelty, and challenges.
- Taurus: Taurus moon signs need stability, comfort, and affection.
- Gemini: Gemini moon signs need frequent communication, stimulating conversations, and exposure to new ideas.
- Cancer: Cancer moon signs need nurturing, material comforts, and safety.
- Leo: Leo moon signs need lots of entertainment, glamour, affection, and attention.
- Virgo: Virgo moon signs need order, mental stimulation, and the feeling that they’re of service.
- Libra: Libra moon signs need companionship, equality, beauty, and harmony.
- Scorpio: Scorpio moon signs need privacy, intensity, and strong sexual chemistry with their partners. If a Scorpio doesn’t have these things then they will lose interest fast, there are some signs to look out for such as 7 ways scorpios act when no longer interested.
- Sagittarius: Sagittarius moon signs need lots of wisdom, variety, and adventure.
- Capricorn: Capricorn moon signs need power and the feeling that they’re creating something that will last for generations.
- Aquarius: Aquarius moon signs need friendship and the ability to collaborate for a common cause.
- Pisces: Pisces moon signs need compassion, security, and creative outlets.
Once you know your moon sign, you can learn more about how it influences your sun sign and overall personality. You can also check your horoscope here to see how your moon sign will influence your day-to-day life and your future.
Learn More About Astrology Today
If you’re just barely starting to get into astrology, you might be a little overwhelmed by all the different signs and the meanings behind them.
With a little studying, though, you’ll become an astrology master in no time. This information about what your moon sign means is a great starting point.
If you want to learn more about astrology and keep up with your sign, check out some of the horoscope articles in the Lifestyle section of our site today.